Thursday, January 26, 2012

I'm Moving to the Moon

So Newt Gingrich today decided that he is going to put the first human colony on the moon by 2020, the "end of [his] second term." While that is a bit ambitious both technologically and politically (who assumes they'll have two terms--especially when like 6 Republican Congressman like him), I'm with Newt.

And I'm coming with you.

I am currently sitting in my lonely hotel room in Austin waiting for my (as of yet, unnamed) roommate to arrive. Why am I in Austin? The VFW Voice of Democracy Mid-Winter Roundup.

That's right. I am a top 10 finalist in the State of Texas VOD Scholarship Contest. I'll be letting you know (those of you that are interested, that is) how the specific ranking turns out after the banquet Saturday (probably Sunday, unless you check my Twitter @alexstoryman), but for now, I just get to be excited that I made it this far.

Other than that, I really have nothing to say. I got to ride an airplane today. Well, really two. Have I made it clear yet how much I love airports?

Well, I do.

And maybe one day, I'll be in an airport (or something similar) en route to the moon.

Until then, I'll be chillin' in Austin.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should get your pilot's license? But that might scare your mom:) You'll just have to settle for traveling.

    ReplyDelete

Nuggets of Wisdom