Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Beginning

To all my (soon-to-be) devoted fans, followers, and fanatics,
     Welcome to the first edition of chaotic gibberish. I'm Alex Hoagland, who will be posting as sporadically as I possibly can. I'm a very busy kid, what with writing, band, writing, schoolwork, writing, and debate. But I figure that with all that business, I should be able to find something interesting to post. So check back often, don't get your hopes too high, and generally bear with me.
     So today. Right now, I am sitting in a rental cabin in Ruidoso, New Mexico, watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas on Thanksgiving. Oh, I know--what a hypocrite. What can I say? I love Christmas :) I give Thanksgiving its dues--all of three hours on a hiking trail, followed by a delicious meal of Tombstone Pizza (we're not big on the turkey thing) and then...its all about CHRISTMAS!
     But, as this blog is more about my writing than anything, and I hope you follow it for that (instead of my random, non-turkey eating ways) I suppose we ought to get down to business. I've been writing for as long as I can remember, and am currently in the editing process of a 70,000 word novel, Woven. This is a YA novel about such wonderful things as the end of the world, love, government kidnappings, and the philosophy of freedom vs. determinism. Yes, yes, philosophy--that's what you get when you have a debater/LOST fanatic write a novel. I'm planning on sending it off to literary agents ASAP, which as of right now, seems to be looking like January. I am considering sending out some ARC's before that, so if you'd be interested (and as long as you're not a creeper) let me know.
     Until then, happy Thanksgiving...and MERRY CHRISTMAS!
     And so it begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuggets of Wisdom