Thursday, June 9, 2011

Last Bite Syndrome

So, for my entire life (not very long, but still)  I have been physically incapable of finishing the last two bites of a meal. Can't do it. I just look at the food...and feel sick.

Now, just to let you know, I have never been a food person. I don't enjoy eating anything, no matter what it is. It's just food. I'm extremely likely (especially when I'm writing) to view it as a distraction, and to completely skip it when I'm "in the zone."


My parents have always given me a hard time for this. "The Two Bite Syndrome," they called it. Well, I was bored and procrastinating this morning, and what better thing to do when you're procrastinating is there than to Google random things? Well, the Two Bite Syndrome EXISTS!!! They call it the Last Bite Syndrome (either I have it bad, or that is a BIG last bite) but people actually have it. And, scientists even tell you that it's a good thing. According to the Chicago Tribune's Health Section:

"People who do not finish an entire meal, but rather eat until full, are more likely to maintain stability when it comes to both weight and metabolism levels. Those who push to eat until the plate is clear risk obesity, heart problems, and disease."

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not crazy (just a little unwell). And yes, for those of you curious, Autofill Thursday will be coming when more people are awake. For now, though, you can laugh at my gloating. Try it next time--don't finish the last chip. See how good it feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuggets of Wisdom