Monday, June 6, 2011

Alpha Beta What? Sororities, Word Count and Reading

     All right, so the video is coming. It's going to be lame...dumb...corny...but otherwise entertaining if for no other reason than you get to mock me trying to look cool. But you can blame yourselves for it not being awesome--I heard no ideas from anyone, so I had to beg for some. Sorry.
     Now that school is out, I've cracked down on writing Flash more than usual, and I must say, I am very excited. I have 25,000 words done, which on my WIP bar equals 39% (because my WIP bar is set to 65,000 words). For those of you too lazy to click my "Works In Progress" tab to read about Flash, it is a Young Adult dystopian novel. So I have been left to wonder--is my WIP bar appropriate? Right now, I'm about half-way through my story, so that should land the entire book at about 50,000 words. I'm okay with that, I think. But should I throw in another plot line, or something to make it longer?
     Oh, right. I forgot that my peanut gallery is silent.
     Just kidding, all you wonderful blog-readers, you. I wasn't looking for your help anyway :P. However, there is something that I genuinely do need help with. When I entered the First-Chapter Contest in LDStorymakers, I got lots of feedback that my alpha readers were good, but not so much my beta readers. Does this mean anything to anyone, or is it all Greek to you, too? (Yes, I am Pun King for one post more). I know I could Google it, but I'm giving my wonderful writing followers a chance to help me out. Please explain to me the mysteries of Greek reading/writing/whatever this may be.
     My videos have twelve minutes left before they load, and then I can begin cutting/editing my lame plea for video embarassment. Until that time, I am off to discover what exactly an alpha betta whatever reader is. Please, though, share your nuggets of wisdom in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuggets of Wisdom